Cardiac Testing in West Bridgewater, MA
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Is Cardiac Testing?
Your heart is the primary organ that regulates your circulatory system, pumping blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body, maintaining blood pressure, and controlling heart rate. The heart is also responsible for the disposal of unwanted carbon dioxide and other waste products. Cardiologists are doctors who study the heart and heart disease, helping people manage their condition to live healthier and prevent problems, such as heart attacks, heart failure, heart murmurs, angina, arrhythmias, and more. Cardiac testing measures how the heart responds to stress. In a controlled clinical environment, a cardiac test records heart rhythm, blood pressure, heart rate, and electrical activity. Some tests take images of the heart while the body is at rest or working out. At Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology, board-certified cardiologist Dr. John K. Terzian performs a variety of cardiac tests on-site to find out if the heart is at risk for heart disease and the causes of certain symptoms, such as chest pain or irregular heartbeats. Schedule an appointment with our West Bridgewater, MA cardiac team to evaluate your heart's health. You can take care of all your cardiac testing at our practice instead of in a hospital setting.
What Are the Different Types of Cardiac Testing?
Some basic cardiac and stress tests include an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) and an exercise stress test. Our compassionate physicians at Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology go beyond the standards to determine all heart disease risk factors. Dr. Terzian may recommend the following tests:
- Echocardiogram: Using sound waves to create an image of the heart, this test uses standard or Doppler ultrasound to show how blood flows through heart chambers and valves. An echocardiogram may be ordered if a patient is experiencing chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Abdominal aortic ultrasound: This preferred screening detects an abdominal aortic aneurysm and rules out other cardiac conditions using sound waves to show how blood flows through the abdomen.
- Nuclear stress testing: A small amount of radioactive material called a radiotracer is injected into the bloodstream to show blood flow in and around the heart when a person is at rest or active. This test diagnoses and monitors coronary artery disease.
- Pulse Volume Recording: A PVR test measures blood pressure and blood flow in the legs to diagnose and monitor peripheral artery disease and help identify partially blocked arteries.
- Stress echo testing: To identify blockages in coronary arteries, this cardiac stress test is an ultrasound performed while exercising on a treadmill.
- Vascular testing: This noninvasive test uses ultrasound to diagnose blood clots by evaluating blood flow in the arteries and veins of the arms, neck, and legs.
Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology Reviews
I was pleasantly surprised with my visit. I don't know what I expected but the Doctor was very thorough and asked many questions, which I loved. He did seem concerned and wanted to cover all my concerns. The front desk staff was ok. Overall I had a great experience.
Dr. John has been my doctor for four plus years and he always provides the best care for whatever is it that I need. The visits are extremely accommodating and the in person appointments are always efficient and quick. Very clean and spacious office as well. The staff are always welcoming. Thank you so much for all that you do for me!!
Great provider. Listens to all concerns and orders necessary tests. Always punctual. And has a great bedside manner. Have been their patient for the past five years. Highly recommend.
He explained to my husband and myself what we were facing. Also, his personality and bedside manner was superb. Not worried about this procedure at this time. Just waiting to have it scheduled. Office staff up front were caring and polite. Just be glad when all is done and over.
Dr John has been my Cardiologist for many years. He never acts hurried to move me along. The care I have gotten is exceptional!
Get In Touch
Evaluate Your Heart Health
Heart disease can be prevented with early screenings and expert care. Our medical care team can evaluate the healthy hearts of West Bridgewater, MA patients with noninvasive cardiac tests to identify heart problems or early concerns. For more information on the types of heart tests we offer, schedule an appointment at Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology today.